In stock, ready to ship.
Note that the selector above is to pick Chimera OR Cyclops. They are not both included.
It’s always been possible to get great results using Cyclops and Chimera, but Cyclops in particular was something of an outlier in our ecosystem. Customers often found it hard to use, and E3D felt that the dual-extrusion system was due for an upgrade.
• Cyclops+ and Chimera+ fit our standard fans, thermistors and heater cartridges. They also work with Capricorn bowden tubing and our water-cooling kit.
• Cyclops+ and Chimera+ are both now compatible with cartridge-style heaters and thermistors, opening the door to PT100s and thermocouples.
• Cyclops+ retains compatibility with all previous Cyclops nozzles and heat breaks.
• The Cyclops heater block has had a complete redesign, improving performance and making it more adaptable. We’ve removed all unnecessary material, lowering the thermal mass and reducing heat-up times. By changing the outer architecture of the block, we’ve also reduced the amount of heat radiating down from the block onto the print. This makes it easier to print small, complex parts without the need for a silicone sock.
• The distance between the filament paths is 2mm larger compared to the old-style Cyclops. This makes Cyclops+ compatible with the Kraken, for those looking to experiment.
• An exceptionally light-weight, effective water-cooled heatsink that is compatible with our water-cooling kit and nylon tubing.
Things to watch out for
• We recommend only using similar plastics when “mixing” using the Cyclops+ HotEnd.
• 1.75mm bowden setups only
Cyclops+ is no longer compatible with:
• Old-style Cyclops heater blocks
• Old-style Cyclops and Chimera heatsinks
• Bead-type temperature sensors
|Chimera + Hot Side
|Cyclops+ Hot Side
|Cyclops+ and Chimera+ Cold Side
|Cyclops+ Aqua and Chimera+ Aqua Cold Side
Water-cooling kit sold seperately.